Sunday, October 3, 2010

Silliness. To a tee.


I feel so silly...

I keep deleting what I've written because I don't know how to say how I feel, or what I actually want to say...
So here we go..
{note: it figures that it only came out in song lyrics in the end.}

When the moon fell in love with the sun
all was golden in the sky,
all was golden when the day met the night.

I feel I must interject here, though.
I'd gotten carried away
feeling sorry for myself
with these revisions,
and gaps in history.
I needed myself to remember
I'd made charts and graphs that finally
made it clear.
I'd prepared a lecture,
on why I had to leave.

And that was the day that I promised
I'd never sing of love
if it does not exist.

But I wanted so badly to believe
that there is truth that love is real.
And I wanted life in every word
to the extent that it's absurd.

(I had built you a home in my heart
with rotten wood, it decayed from the start)

So, I backed away..
And you let me go.

...

Then, when the sun found the moon
she was drinking tea in a garden
under the green umbrella trees
in the middle of summer.

Darling,
You are the only exception..

And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm
content with loneliness.

They will see us waving from such great heights, 
"Come down now," they'll say.
...But everything looks perfect from far away,
"Come down now," but we'll stay..

...

You stood with a well intentioned man..

so just say how to make it right.
And I swear I'll do my best to comply..


Tell me,
are you right..
to think that there could be nothing better?

You've got a lure I can't deny,
But they've had their chance.
So, please, say goodbye..

(Trust me,
you're heart won't heal right 
if you keep tearing out the sutures..)

(you're tearing out my sutures..)

...


You are the only exception..
And I'm on my way to believing.


{Panic! At The Disco,
The Postal Service,
Paramore,
Death Cab For Cutie}

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...