Friday, October 29, 2010

dancing well over the line of too silly.


I think that New Years resolutions are silly. Not really the concept, but what it has become. I don't think we should only be setting goals and be trying to improve ourselves and our lives at one time of the year. I think we should be doing that all the time. So the tradition of 'Oh, time to set that goal to lose weight again' holds no meaning if you're not trying to improve all the rest of the year. Especially when most people give up or forget about their resolutions a very short amount of time after making them. Are we really so focused on living that we forget to live?

So I'm making some resolutions. Because things in my life have gotten way too silly, and I cannot handle it this way.

I resolve to: not over analyze everything; not just watch myself getting hurt and tolerate it; not let things get so silly; 'smile'; not worry about drama things that don't matter; not blame myself for everything wrong in my life; live in the moment and not worry about things I can't control; don't throw my problems onto other people, even if that means stifling everything; not throw myself into something if my heart's not into it; remember that everything is not my fault; not let the monsters under my skin win {in the long run}; not torture myself with love songs and chick flicks; never let them see I bruise;






...

2 thoughts:

The Lovely Day October 30, 2010 at 12:25 AM  

Would it be hypocritical for me to agree with this post?

kaylyn. October 30, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

No, not at all:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...