Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Ballerina.

Oh, ballerina, ballerina
In my lovely music box
Turn around and dance for me
Smile and play a song.

Twist and smile and
Dance for me,
Oh, won't you
Ballerina, please?

Dance when I open your coffin
Where you sleep when I need naught,
Play for me a timeless tune
And smile as if it's painted on.

Spin and laugh and play for me
When entertainment is running dry,
Amuse me with your tulle and shoes,
Play for me day and night.

Then rest, held down and ignored
Till a laugh I do require,
Rest in your soft pink tomb
Reined in until I need a smile.

Then, ballerina,
Won't you please?
Do a song and dance
For me?

Won't you turn
On the point of your shoe
And play for me
That timeless tune?

Then, oh, my ballerina!
Won't you spin,
Faster for me?
Spin till you are dizzy.

Turn, my ballerina!
Turn for me
In your box of tulle
And pink.

Oh, don't slow down, ballerina,
You mustn't slow,
For you've only barely
Begun the show.

Then twist, my ballerina!
Twist with your soul
For when you fail
We all shall know.

My ballerina,
What is this?
Is this perhaps
Some paint that's chipped?

That smile, my ballerina!
It falls to pieces
Littering the clean edges
Of your prison.

Your face, my ballerina!
The paint is gone,
Your cheeks, and eyes
And lips are wrong!

Your face is blank
and your soul is collapsed,
And my ballerina, look!
Your song has elapsed.

Oh, ballerina, ballerina
In my lovely music box
You won't turn around or dance for me,
You can't smile or play a song.

So I close you now, my ballerina
To rot in your pink tulle coffin
Though a shadow crosses as I close the lid
That deepens where your smile would have been.



0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...