Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Color Code

 So one of my favorites books is The Color Code by Taylor Hartman, which I highly recommend to everyone. It's a personality profile and you take a quiz at the beginning to determine your "core color" and "secondary colors". The four different colors represent four different personalities. One's core color is their core personality which they cannot change, the secondary colors are traits {good or bad} from the other colors mixed into the core color. My core color is blue, and my secondaries are white then yellow {the fourth color is red, and I am not red at all}. Lately I've been trying to figure out what has made me who I am, so I thought rereading this book would help with that. As I was reading it this morning came across this paragraph and really liked it.

"Blues see the world through positive and healthy emotional eyes as well. They care deeply for those elements of living that tug at their hearts. Weddings, parades, and birthdays are great cause for celebration, but Blues even see beyond the events and take time to reflect on the lives of those involved. They think of their own weddings and what it means to be in love. They consider all the hours it takes to prepare the costumes and mechanics of a parade as it passes by. Blues wonder how their aging grandmother feels on her seventieth birthday, and are mesmerized by a three-year-old blowing out candles on a cake. They "make" time for sharing the important moments of life."


3 thoughts:

Andrea January 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM  

You are definitely a blue. You thoughtful girl.
I have this book and love reading/analyzing it as well.
I am blue too but my secondary's are red, then white, then yellow!
You wondered, right?

The Lovely Day January 21, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

Oh, I really want to read that book now!

And, I love your new header! It's so adorable :)

Bacon Bert January 28, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

I'm 40% red. And it won't tell me what my giant secondary is. But I'm guessing white. Then Yellow and Blue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...