Tuesday, January 25, 2011

it's getting hard to be someone..but it all works out {it doesn't matter much to me.}

I'm not the most outgoing of people. And I'm fine with that. And I don't mind being around people who are more social than I am. But there are some who just being around drains me. It's like I fade into the background and don't matter, and I can't seem to cut into the conversation no matter how hard I try. If you touched me I'd be a two dimensional black outline of myself. As if they need to dominate the situation no matter the circumstance. Typically a red personality. Ironically this brings out the white personality in me, and I just let myself fade. As if they are sucking the color out of me. And it's not just one person, it's a phenomena that occurs with a certain kind of person that I can't even describe the requirements of. Sometimes color suckers are sneaky and passive-aggressive. And sometimes they only start to show signs after time. I would love to say that there are people who exhibit traits of color suckers, but aren't credited the title..just of color sucking every once and a while..but I'm afraid that this is against the nature of one. And they have no idea they're doing it.

I hate writing posts that are this self centered..


3 thoughts:

The Lovely Day January 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

When I saw this one in your sketchbook today, it was highly intriguing.

Is it meant to appear unfinished?

kaylyn. January 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM  

Not so much unfinished as it is having the life sucked out of it.

Unknown May 3, 2011 at 6:26 AM  

I really like this post. I am a social person and have been around color suckers, possibly have been guilty of being one at self-centered times.
And I did not take this post to be self-centered.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...