Monday, July 19, 2010

Am I right to think that there could be nothing better?


Will someone please call the surgeon;
who can  crack my ribs
and repair this broken heart
that you've deserted
for better company?

I can't accept that it's over.

So just say how
to make it right.
And I swear I'll do my best
to comply.

I feel I must interject here, though.
I'm getting carried away
feeling sorry for myself
with these revisions,
and gaps in history.
I need myself to remember
I've made charts and graphs that should finally
make it clear.
I've prepared a lecture,
on why I had to leave.


My heart won't heal right
if I keep tearing out the sutures..


So please, I'll back away and let you go.
But I can't, my darling, I love you so.

I've been waiting since birth to find
a love that would look
and sound
just like a movie.

I want so badly to believe
that there is truth that love is real.
And I want life in every word
to the extent that it's absurd.

But,
if Heaven and Hell decide
that they both are satisfied, and
illuminate the 'NO's on their vacancy signs.
If there's no one beside you
when your soul embarks,
then I'll still follow you into the dark. 





...
music from today's post:
The Postal Service
Death Cab For Cutie

0 thoughts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...