Friday, December 3, 2010

perspective:

I don't write very much of what I think in posts because I feel very monotonous and cliche when I try to. Or I get halfway through one and think to my self, 'why the heck would anyone want to read about this? It's just me complaining or preaching my opinion.' Personally, I find it much more fulfilling to post song lyrics or quotes from other people {in addition to pictures} rather than words that come from myy brain. I don't know why that is...The reason why I thought of this was because my week this week has been exceptionally crappy. And this post about perspective means a lot to me, but other people would look at it and go, oh, just another pretty picture post. I think that the kind of life a person has is based entirely upon perspective. It's us who decides what our life is going to be rife with. Whether it be full of happiness, or regrets. Which is why I refuse to let myself be bothered by petty problems that so often come along with high school. I love that the quote 'People are as happy as they make up their minds to be' is attributed to Abraham Lincoln, who suffered from depression. The current argument is that he must not have said it because of this. I like to believe that he did say it.. because then he must have understood.


2 thoughts:

Unknown December 3, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

This post made me smile! I'm glad you shared it!

Andrea December 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM  

I think he said it. Or he could have. Because if people with depression are only allowed to say sad things...then I'm totally doing it wrong. Guess I'd better go practice being a better Debbie Downer. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...