Monday, August 2, 2010

Letters to myself, and to others

Sometimes, I like to write letters to myself. I have found that it helps me a lot when I am having trouble with something. It's a way for me to look at my life from a different perspective and get a new opinion on it. Like when I'm creating a sketch and I can't decide if it looks like the image in my head or if that is really how it looks. So I look at it from a different perspective, like upside down or in a mirror {my mom taught me that trick.} So I sketched this reminder to myself.

Then I decided to include the other sketched I had done for people I had things to say to, but couldn't say it to them. Then write little letters for them.
To Whom It May Concern:
When I think of the phrase "too silly" I often think about people like you. I am just being honest, because sometimes.. well.. a lot of times I feel like you are living with you're eyes closed and you don't seem to notice or care. It kind of pisses the rest of us off though, so I wanted to write you this little letter. Won't you open up your eyes? See how much of life you are actually missing when you think you are living it all? It is frustrating to me that you don't seem to want to fix your own problems that you complain about so vigorously. I want to help you, though. So please, open up your eyes, see the brand new day and leave the old day behind. Life will be a lot more worth living this way, trust me.
-Kaylyn

To You,
I feel like you just shut me out, and I don't know why. I just want to be your friend. Because lets face it, we are both super cool and the universe wants us to be best friends:) I know that there are hard things in your life, but I want to help you. There aren't many people who I don't want to help, and you are not one of them. I know that I can't relate much, but the least you could do is let me try. Or just let me be your friend at all.
From, Kaylyn

Dear Friend,

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,

with tangerine trees

and marmalade skies,


and greet the brand new day.

The sun is up,

the sky is blue.

It's beautiful and so are you.


Can you imagine when this race is won?

And we turn our golden faces into the Son?


I can tell just what you want.

You don't want to be alone.


But I’ll never leave you.

I’ll never be like that.

I’ll never be the one I was in life.


Because all over town,

yes all over this town,

there are people who would

undermine you if they
could.

Don't let them in.


Little darling, it's been a long, cold, lonely, winter.

Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here.


But here comes the Son!


And I say, "It's all right."

{The Beatles
Alphaville
Two Door Cinema Club
Rogue Wave
The Kooks
}

Love, 
Kaylyn











1 thoughts:

Andrea August 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

How'd you do that cool trick in the first sketch?

Posts like this make me insecure [i.e. like I'm not rocking my updo] because I think all the letters are about me. :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...